- "And we have had no further contact with General Plo Koon. The absence of distress beacons indicates that his fleet was…that his fleet was destroyed, like the others. We are about to prepare a rescue mission."
- ―Anakin Skywalker, to Supreme Chancellor Palpatine and the Jedi High Council
The battle of Abregado was a space battle that occurred in 22 BBY when Jedi General Plo Koon led a force of three Venator-class Star Destroyers to confront a new Confederate superweapon, the starship, Malevolence. The weapon was tracked to the Abregado system, but when Koon's cruisers were about to attack, General Grievous had the warship fire its ion cannon, disabling all power to the Republic vessels. Before the cruisers were destroyed by a bombardment of turbolaser fire, however, Koon, Clone commander Wolffe, Sinker, Boost and several other clones managed to flee in Escape Pods.
Wishing to leave no witnesses of the secret Separatist weapon, Count Dooku ordered a Pod Hunter to be dispatched to destroy all escape pods. Meanwhile, having lost contact with Koon's fleet, Anakin Skywalker and his padawan Ahsoka Tano traveled to the system to search for survivors. Despite the discretion of both Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, they arrived in time to rescue Koon and his men, who had recently dispatched the pod hunter as it attempted to destroy them.
Though, the Twilight, Skywalker's personal had been picked up on the Malevolence's scanners and narrowly escaped destruction by its numerous turbolasers, bringing the knowledge of the nature of the weapon to the Republic.
- Republic task force entirely destroyed
- Plo Koon, Commander Wolffe, Sinker and Boost rescued
- Malevolence revealed to the Republic
Grand Army of the Republic
- All Clone Troopers of Wolfpack except for Commander Wolffe, Sinker and Boost
- All three Republic cruisers
Confederacy of Independent Systems
- 4 Rocket Battle Droids