- "These Clone Wars have vastly overextended Dooku and Grievous. They are more vulnerable than they realize."
- ―Darth Maul briefs his forces prior to the battle
The Battle of Ord Mantell took place in 20 BBY when Count Dooku and General Grievous attacked a Black Sun fortress while in pursuit of Darth Maul's crime syndicate, the Shadow Collective, after driving them from Zanbar. Dooku's main goal in pursuing Maul was to draw Mother Talzin out of hiding and eradicate her. However, Talzin saw this intention and sent Maul to Ord Mantell with a group of Nightbrothers to confront the Count in her place.
Though Dooku overpowered his opponents on the planet's surface, he found himself surrounded by Shadow Collective forces. This was an indirect result of Maul luring Grievous's fleet into a trap in space; he boarded Grievous's dreadnaught, captured him, and ordered him to deactivate the Battle Droids' command signal. Following the victory, Maul contacted Talzin again and prepared to use the dual capture to lure his former master, Darth Sidious into the open.
|CONFEDERACY OF INDEPENDENT SYSTEMS||SHADOW COLLECTIVE
- Shadow Collective victory
- Count Dooku and General Grievous captured
Confederacy of Independent Systems
All deployed forces
- Many soldiers
- Most Nightbrothers
- Star Wars: Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir (First appearance)