The MagnaGuard, formally known as the IG-100 MagnaGuard, were a specially designed battle droid employed as special operations infantry during the Clone Wars. These units were primarily used as private guards for Separatist officials, including Dooku and General Grievous. The MagnaGuards were renowned for their combat prowess and their ability to take on both clone trooper and Jedi alike.
MagnaGuards used electrostaffs made of lightsaber resistant alloys that had purple tazer-like projections on both ends. The staffs could be set to stun or kill. These staffs were lined with focusing coils and electromagnetic cycling units which were responsible for their iconic purple rods of energy. Some MagnaGuards wore capes identifying them as higher ranking and some used two staffs.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (film) (First appearance)
- Duel of the Droids
- Lair of Grievous
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes
- Cargo of Doom
- Grievous Intrigue
- Shadow Warrior
- A Friend in Need (Head and body only)
- The Box
- Crisis on Naboo
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures – "Skirmish on Carlac"
- The Soft War
- Bound for Rescue
- A Necessary Bond
- Star Wars: Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir
- A Death on Utapau
- In Search of the Crystal (Appears in flashback(s))
- Crystal Crisis
- The Big Bang