- "Listen, Duchess. Do you hear the people? They cry out for change. Your weak-minded rule of Mandalore is at an end. The resurrection of our warrior past is about to begin."
- ―Pre Vizsla
- "If they are weak, why do you wait?"
"The Duchess has powerful allies, including your Jedi friend Kenobi. He is also responsible for our exile. Perhaps fortune brought us together."
"It is the will of the Force. We can help you reclaim Mandalore."
"And punish Kenobi for his trespasses!"
- ―Darth Maul and Pre Vizsla, discussing the New Mandalorian government
Having being defeated by Obi-Wan Kenobi on Florrum after a failed attempt to enlist a Weequay band of pirates, Darth Maul and his brother, Savage Opress, were discovered in a derelict escape pod unconscious and near-dead by the Mandalorian group, Death Watch. Their leader, Pre Vizsla, brought the brothers back to their base of operations on Zanbar to be treated: Maul received new artificial legs and Savage was given an artificial arm. Once he regained consciousness, Maul spoke with Vizsla on Death Watch's struggle of being exiled by the New Mandalorians for their warrior heritage. They were also unable to overthrow the government as it had powerful allies within the Republic, including Kenobi. Seeing another opportunity to form a crime organization, Maul offered to aid the Death Watch in an attack on Mandalore.
Later on, after Opress had also regained his strength, Maul ordered Death Watch to travel to Mustafar to recruit the Black Sun crime syndicate to their cause. While their leader Xomit Grunseit and his council refused, and being killed consequentially, the Captain of the Guard, Ziton Moj chose to ally the organization with Maul. Later on, the Pyke Family—spice traders of the underworld—heard of the growing organization and joined with them as well. The army then traveled to Nal Hutta to recruit the Hutt Clans. However, the Hutt Grand Council refused and dispatched their guards and Bounty hunters on Maul, Opress and the Death Watch. After a short battle, the group overpowered the Hutts' forces and captured their complex. Oruba the Hutt did not escape, and Opress executed the Hutt after he gave them the location of Jabba the Hutt's Palace. Upon Maul's arrival on Tatooine, Jabba decided to join the Hutt Families with the organization.
With the army formed, Maul and Vizsla organized their forces to launch the assault on Mandalore. But Vizsla slowly became aware of Maul's much greater intentions with his army, and he informed his second-in-command lieutenant, Bo-Katan, that they would kill Maul and Opress after Mandalore had been captured.
|NEW MANDALORIANS||DEATH WATCH||SHADOW COLLECTIVE
|Duchess Satine Kryze||Pre Vizsla (Killed)||Darth Maul|
|Prime Minister Armatan||Bo-Katan||Savage Opress|
|Mandalorian Police||Death Watch soldiers||Ziton Moj|
|Mandalorian Royal Guard||Lom Pyke|
|Black Sun, Pyke and Hutt soldiers|
- Shadow Collective captured Mandalore
- New Mandalorian government overthrown
- Duchess Satine Kryze and Prime Minister Armatan arrested
- Bo-Katan and Death Watch renegades escape
- Almec reinstated as Prime Minister
- Many Police and personnel
- Pre Vizsla
- Several Death Watch soldiers
- Some Mandalorian residents
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy (First appearance)
- Shades of Reason
- The Lawless (Appears in flashback(s))